Friday, January 18, 2008

Reading: Ephesians 5:1-20

Reading: Ephesians 5:1-20

Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days– Ephesians 5:16 (New Living Translation)

As you may know, I do mix show for Holy Culture Radio ( www.holycultureradio.com). One of the things I love about doing the show is that I tape it in advance.  So if I mess up, I can start it again and re-record it.  Since I am a perfectionist, sometimes I will do it several times until I get it to sound the way I want it to.  When I am DJing at churches or for artists however, I don't have this same liberty.  If I mess up, I can't just stop the music and say, "Guys I messed up here, I need to start over."  Sometimes I wish I could though.

Our lives are like the latter scenario.  We don't get a chance to erase a previous experience and replace it with a new one.  If we are lucky, God may give us the opportunity to correct a mistake.  However, the original chance is still on the record.  That's why it's so crucial to make the most of every opportunity.

How many times do we have the opportunity to share the gospel with someone but we put it off? How many times do we treat someone unfairly because we are in a bad mood?  How often do we just neglect our Bible and prayer life off?  This message is fairly simple today, but I just want to encourage you to make the most of your time in this world.  Think about ways to help other people and ways to build your relationship with the Lord.  God is going to ask us about that on judgment day.


Grace and Peace,
Wade

It's More than Music...It's Ministry!
The Wade-O Radio Show: http://www.myspace.com/wadeoradio
The Wade-O Mix Show: http://www.hcr.fm

No comments: